Software Quality Assurance Analyst
St. Petersburg, FL – Product & Engineering Department
Software Quality Assurance position testing mission critical payments technology to ensure that product launch dates and release dates are met. This position is part of our Product & Engineering team in an Agile Development environment with a test-driven development philosophy. The Quality Assurance Analyst participates and contributes in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems to ensure a positive client experience with Sound Payments services.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test cases, and/or procedures
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Documents and records all product findings, enhancement requests and defects into CRM and/or defect tracking system
- Perform regression testing to validate bugs are resolved
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for product documentation
- Researches and resolves complex product issues escalated by partners, Sales, internal parties, and Second Level Support.
- Diagnoses hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
- Ensures open communication with engineering to improve product functionality
- Collaborates with Supervisors/Managers and internal parties on ways to streamline product functionality, document product features, automate functions and determine design specifications or details
- Track QA metrics such as open defect counts, defect densities, defect ageing, defect distribution, etc.
- 4-year degree or equivalent payments/quality assurance or Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated test tools
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and recommend solutions
- Strong ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Strong time management & organization skill
- Advanced systems administration
- Advanced Technical skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment
- Willingness to work extended hours, as needed in the event of critical release date needs.
Additional Preferred Skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the Payments industry
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Ability to write code – 2 year of relevant experience
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- CRM experience, such as Salesforce.com, MS CRM, Zoho or Oracle
- Reporting and Metrics analysis
- Ability to speak or understand Mandarin is a bonus
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and continuous integration tools